Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Charleston Bound

Black Daffodil is Charleston bound this weekend!  I am beside myself with excitement to be filming a wedding with my dad, who I have always found brilliant, and with Richard, who captured my curiosity from the moment I first saw his portfolio.

As some of you may know, I've worked with my dad before and had more fun than I thought possible.  I love that I get the pleasure of seeing my dad when he's in his "sweet spot".  He's absolutely flawless when it comes to what he does behind that camera and on his computer.  I'm constantly impressed with is work and honored to call him my dad.

Richard...ahhhh...Richard.  I first bumped into him in early 2000.  After seeing his portfolio, I could barely even talk--I don't even think I looked him in the eyes.  I ran home and told my dad all about this "ta-ta" British photographer guy that I saw in Winston and how his photographs were breathtaking.  Flash forward a year...I'm working in my parents art gallery when in strolls RICHARD.  I hid from him.  I ran to the bathroom and would not come out.  He was obviously there to talk to my dad, but I was a nervous wreck.  Dad and Richard became fast friends and their styles fit together so seamlessly.  Am I excited to see the two of them in action...YOU BET!  Am I still sort of nervous...yep!

So, the three of us are taking Charleston by storm on Saturday.  Pray for nice weather!  We are actually heading out tomorrow for a long weekend with the whole family--so if you are praying for nice weather, could you also pray that I don't forget anything--say a camera or film?  I currently have three different scribbles on my hand reminding me of things NOT to forget tomorrow.    

The ceremony is going to be at the Citadel...WOW, what an honor to film that!  And the reception is here.  Its going to be a great day!

OH-processed film is in and it is amazing--such a tiny little reel.  I'll see what I can do to get some pictures up for you all!  


1 comment:

  1. I hope you have a fabulous time...I'll be praying for you. I'm sure it's going to be a beautiful wedding. That hotel where the reception will be is gorgeous...very elegant and will definitely be an awesome back drop for pictures. I can't wait to see what you "create".

    ReplyDelete