Sunday, March 1, 2009

A dream is a wish...

I always love seeing people in their element...where they feel passionate about something....when they have found their sweet spot.  So, when I saw that an "old" friend of mine was showing her first movie trailer at a show in Winston...I was game for it.  

When I started elementary school, my mother began working at a local pharmacy owned by one of the dearest men I know.   His daughter, Amy, now runs the pharmacy and she's started a semi-new non profit called Healing Seekers.  You guys have to check out her website when you get the chance...its some pretty amazing stuff that they do.  

The show on Friday night was nothing less than amazing.  There were a couple of things that really made and impression on both Neil and me.  One was that we got to witness Amy experiencing one of her dreams coming true...she was able to bring back some plant species that the World Health Organization is now examining for their use in medical treatments!  WOW.  Second, Neil and I were really struck by the powerful team of people that came together to create Healing Seekers and how they each gave so freely their talents and skills.  It is truly a dream team if I've ever seen one..that's for sure.

Oh and can I just say, we met this little man who, after speaking with him for a few minutes, I would have SWORN was in his mid to late 70s.  Um yeah...he was 92 years old!  He was sharp as a tack--and just looked SO young.  Neil asked him what his secret was, to which he responded, "I just love everyone....and I love living life...and I play a lot of golf."  HA!  Imagine that...sounds simple, huh?  So he stayed and talked a while, but as he was leaving he looked at me and said, "you make it easy to love".  AWH that was so sweet!  I gloated a little to Neil...and was quickly reminded that last week...not so easy to love.  HA!

1 comment:

  1. That's awesome Lindsey! I'm going to check out her website.

    ReplyDelete